Can you resist the crunchy outside, and soft, fluffy inside falafel?! Traditionally are fried in oils, these are baked, without compromising on flavour!
Falafels are high FODMAP so great for our gut (unless FODMAPs are triggers for you). They taste best straight out of the oven, but are still great to meal prep and make for lunches. You can zap them in the microwave or to get them crispy again, put them until the grill or in the sandwich press, yes, that's right-this appliace can do EVERYTHING!
STEP BY STEP VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
What You Need
1 tin salt reduced Chickpeas (rinsed & drained)*
1 C Carrot (grated)
1/2 C Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
1 clove Garlic (minced)
1 tsp Cumin powder
1/4 C Coriander
1/4 C Parsley
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Season with pepper
1/4 C Greek Natural Yoghurt
2 Tbs Tahini
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
How You Do It
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (475F). Add falafel ingredients to a food processor and process until
2. Scoop mixture using a tablespoon, roll into a ball and place on a lined baking tray.
3. Bake for 50 minutes until lightly golden, turning halfway through
4. To make the dressing: combine ingredients, for a runnier consistency (or shall I say the instagram drizzle), add more water.
5. Serve falafels with dressing and lots of non-starchy veg!
(Makes 12 Falafels, serves 4)
*Dry the chickpeas quickly with a paper towel to remove excess water to ensure the mixture isn't too moist.
If you or know someone who would like this recipe, please forward or share with your friends!
If you make it, let me know what you think!
Thank you for taking the time to read this,