Autumn is here which means warm food to feed the soul! I absolutely LOVE stone fruit, however as we get into cooler weather in Australia, the stone fruit season is coming to an end. This is a really easy and simple recipe which can be served as a warming breakfast or dessert. It is like a hug in a bowl. Entertaining? bake the fruit and crumble ahead of time, reheat and add whipped ricotta when ready to serve.
What You Need
1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
1.5 Tbs Shredded or Desiccated Coconut*
1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spread
1 Tbs mixed seeds or chopped nuts
250 g Low Fat Ricotta
1 Tbs Maple Syrup (plus extra to serve)
How You Do It
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (375F). Cut the plums in half, remove the stone and place flesh side upon a tray lined with baking paper.
2. To make the crumble, in a small bowl, combine oats, coconut, seeds/nuts and olive oil spread. Using your fingers make sure the mixture is well combined.
3. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the plums and place in the oven for 25 mins.
4. While the plums are in the oven, add ricotta and maple syrup to a bowl and whip using a whisk.
5. Once the plums have softened and crumble is golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool for approx 10 mins before adding a dollop of ricotta on top, drizzle with maple syrup.
Low or Modified FODMAP Swaps
Dissachharides (lactose): swap ricotta ⟶ lactose free cream cheese
Oligosaccharides or Polyols: swap the plums ⟶ raspberries or rhubarb
If you or know someone who would like this recipe, please forward or share with your friends!
If you make it, let me know what you think! Thank you for taking the time to read this,